Friday, November 03, 2006

Grad School Stuff

I'm just posting this particular blog to see if it works ok.

Yesterday, I went and turned in all of the information that my old professors wanted from me so that they could write me letters of recommendation for graduate schools. I sat and talked to Dr. Viveiros for about an hour about all the different aspects of the schools to which I was applying. She seemed to think that I would definitely get in to a couple of schools, though maybe not my top choice. She did say that I was a shoe-in for the SUNY Albany program because it is a PsyD program instead of a PhD program. The difference--which I've discovered by talking to Dr. Baker--is that a PsyD program is more geared towards applied work while the PhD has more research involved. Well, that's what the original difference was. I've been told that now, the difference is becoming less and less so that they are basically the same thing. It's only the reputation associated with each that is different.

So, anyway, all looks good on that front. This weekend is going to be the get that MFA work done. My next packet is due next Wednesday. No being late this time. So, I have to do another draft of my paper this weekend, which shouldn't be too bad, because Judith has already told me that the paper is well on its way, and that really I'm just touching up and adding some detail here and there. So, that shouldn't be too bad. The kicker is that I still have some reading to do and I only have one poem written. So, I'm looking to the inspiration gods to look favorably down upon me this weekend. I have a Genesh figure on a table here in my apartment that Lea had given me last residency. I'll be rubbing his belly a lot this weekend!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger xmas said...

Shoe-in for Albany, huh? You had to throw that in there...that would be pretty cool though. Is it the only PsyD program of all your choices? Oh, and maybe people who don't have a dog shouldn't go around giving dog advice or making judgments about them ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home