Wednesday, December 13, 2006

After a Conversation About Mythology



This is a picture that I took after a long conversation with Stacey Leigh about ancient literature and some of the books that made a large contribution to humanity. This is what I do. We start talking about these books and I immediately go and dig them up, then walk around with them for a while thumbing through, then throw them on a pile on my bed. There probably ought to be a Bible in that pile as well. I'm surprised there's not, although if you look really, really closely at the top right corner of the picture, you will see the spine of a few significant volumes including, "The Other Bible" which is a collection of Christian and Jewish apocrypha, Islamic scripture and other ancient texts, the DSM IV-TR, and "Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems" by Galileo Galilei. I'm thinking that since I'm finished with all my required reading for the semester and have a few weeks before residency, I should maybe crack into the Aenid. That's the one volume of greek/roman mythology that's not going to be directly in my path to read any time soon...

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger xmas said...

I knew if I kept checking this thing that one of these days a new post would show up! Anyway, you think if I keep this page up, the next time I fall asleep at the computer I will absorb all that knowledge by osmosis??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home