Friday, March 02, 2007

Done

I'm finally finished with interviews for PhD programs. Today I had my last one. Well, actually it was an interview for a PsyD program, not a PhD program. PsyD's are more applied rather than research oriented. Which is kind of what I should do anyway. So, that was at the State University of New York at Albany. I think the interview went well. But, I always think the interview goes well. In truth, I have no clue. But, I'll know by sometime next week. But, that's finally over with and I'm glad. Not that it has improved my nerves yet. To be honest, I got home a little while ago and started feeling so intense...I don't really know why. I was just edgy and pacing around my apartment. Just boiling over mentally. So, I went for a brisk walk around icy Keene. I just got back from that a bit ago and have just taken some nice herbal stuff that tastes like ass that Stacey Leigh gave me that's supposed to help me sleep. So, I'm waiting a bit for that to work it's magic a bit.

Ok, so theory: I'm really edgy because it's kind of a release from all the tension and all the anxiety that's been building up over months and months of this application to schools process. Now that's over and the energy is getting released. Of course, there could be other stuff as well! Hmmm...

Well, take for example the fact that my first packet for my damn manuscript semester of my MFA is due on Tuesday and I haven't written any poems for it yet. So, I need five of those over the next couple of days. That's my next order of business. And I'm treating it so much like "order of business" that I'm not in the right frame of mind to do it. And I've been in such a business-like disposition for so long that now it's like...what? I'm a writer too? What are you talking about? I just need to get myself into a wicked quick mindset overhaul.

I know that one person at least will read this. Thank you for spending time with me while I was in Albany. Thanks for showing me around, thanks for making me food, thanks for giving me a care package with all those nice treats, thanks for having me over, thanks to the little one for letting me play trains with him, and I want to see those pictures! :)

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger BlueSunshine said...

You suck at blogging

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger xmas said...

Yo. I'm writing here because I can't get my damn e-mail to work. I know this will get to your e-mail though...cool foresight, huh? So read this, then allow for its self-destruction, then call me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home